Aylin M. McGinnis
I’m a freelance Web Designer and a Senior Accountant by trade. I am a recent graduate of the part-time User Experience Design program from General Assembly, focusing on the design and user research of mobile applications. In the past two years, I have gained valuable knowledge in web development and design, with technical skills in HTML5, CSS, and PHP to develop platforms on Wordpress and Squarespace. Outside of working, I love traveling and meeting new people which helped me create my social good platform OneYoungTraveler.
General Assembly | November 2015 - February 2016
User Experience (UX) Design
+ Utilized industry standard tools such as InVision, Sketch and Adobe Illustrator to prototype and wireframe design solutions.
+ Created UX documentation for a digital product, from user personas and wireframes to interactive prototypes.
+ Analyzed customer behavior from problems and solutions in order to optimize the product created.
Florida State University, College of Business | May 2011 – April 2012
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Code Academy | Free Code Bootcamp - GitHub | General Assembly Dash
Freelancer - Web Design and Creative Branding | aylinmarie.co
- Designed developed maintained and updated a variety of web sites as assigned and updated web style sheets and pages on a regular basis and as required.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of graphics, layouts, and promotion materials while helping clients cut their marketing costs.
- Developed numerous marketing programs (logos, newsletters, social media callouts, presentations, and advertisements) and exceeded the expectations of my clients.
- Managed up to 5 projects or tasks at a given time while under pressure to meet weekly client deadlines.
- Created 4+ design products and proposals a month for clients.
OneYoungTraveler | oneyoungtraveler.com
- Creative director and founder of travel community to bring together the young generation of conscious travelers through cultural engagement.
- Ongoing travel blog with contributing members to inform community about global perspective and culture through open discussions.
- Fostering programs to help conscious travelers explore the world through our Passport Campaign.
Contributions: Founder & Creative Director of OYT
Team Members: Jamil T. McGinnis (Videographer)